The Scapa CW40 comprises a 40 micron, soft aluminium foil backing coated with a cold weather acrylic based adhesive and is supplied with a siliconised paper liner. This high performance, strong aluminium tape is ideal for use in a range of demanding temperature and environmental conditions and provides superior adhesive performance and water vapour resistance.
The aluminium tape can used in a range of applications such as:
- For use as a heat deflector.
- Joining and sealing in HVAC applications.
- Closing rigid air duct insulation and shafts.
- For use as a vapour seal for sheet metal ducts.
- Sealing cold store insulation or double glazed units.
- Joining of foil faced glass fibre or duct board joints.
- General purpose holding, patching, sealing and fixing applications.
- Cold weather high quality adhesive for good bonding to a range of substrates.
- Aluminium backing provides excellent reflection of both heat and light.
- Easy to tear for ease of use.
- Good ageing resistance both indoors and outdoors.
- Same aluminium visual aspect to blend in easily with air ducts.
- Good water vapour resistance.
- Strong and robust.
- Good high and low temperature resistance ‐service temperature: ‐35°C to +120°C.
- Can be applied at low temperatures.
- Good mechanical resistance.